SCOTS UNITING AND PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Another Tasmanian Church built to the design of colonial architect James Blackburn in the Romanesque still.
The foundation stone was laid in 1840 by the Reverend John Lillie of Hobart and was completed in 1842.
The land for the new church had been donated by an early settler, Andrew Counsel, and the Church bell was donated by Mr. George Marshall of “Noble Farm”
Please note that there might be information from other websites or brochures "reprinted" here- under the laws of "fair use". In every instance -we hope- we have provided a direct link to the owners web site. We do not claim rights or ownership to any of their information. We do thank them sincerely for their efforts. We have in every instance made a good faith effort to contact and request 'reprint' permission. Nonetheless, we do want to be certain that nothing gets lost due to web site disappearance and the like, so it appears duplicated here.
Gravesites Of Tasmania, Honouring the past, building understanding.
Copyright © 2014 Graves of Tasmania